Sunday 26 July 2015

About sisterhood - A testimony from Destiny

This time I give the pen to Destiny....

My name is  KM.Destiny, I want to share with you my testimony. I pray that it may encourage you in your walk with God in Jesus name. May it cause you to never give up in any situation you may be facing, and may it cause you to love God more and more and trust him, only him. I come from the family of eight, and has suffered great rejection from my family and friends since childhood. However, I give glory to God because as I look back I can see he permitted that in order to make me strong.

2014 was one of the hardest years in my life. It was the year I decided to continue my studies at the university. One friend and sister in church had promised to sponsor me and we had agreed on everything, but to my greatest surprise she decided she couldn't afford it. Without money or place to stay and nowhere to go I felt so disappointed. 

Before deciding to go back to school I had tried to do some minor jobs just to survive since I had no one to take care of me. I had jobs like call box (where one sells telephone credit to people on the street), I would work as a house help and take care of peoples children, clean offices and have even been waitress in restaurants. Though I was a born again Christian, I was faced with so many challenges among one especially when I helped a family as their househelp. I faced difficulties with the people I was living with. I could hardly eat well, I was always stressed up, I would get up at night and cry to God and ask him why he had abandoned me. No mather how I tried to please them, nothing I did was good enough. All my efforts were in vain.  They finally chased me out of their home for no good reason. This even happened several times, and in some families they just seemed to be jealous of me.  I equally faced the challenge of men coming my way to help me, their intention was to buy me. Since they knew I needed help they thought I would be an easy prey. But I had vowed to God that, even if He wouldn't even exist and if He would have decided to abandon me, I WOULD WALK UPRIGHTLY IN ANY CONDITION. I refused all their offers and instead chose to suffer. As I look back at my childhood I remember walking for a long distance to reach my school. Friends would abandon me, people spoke evil things about me, accused me of things I knew nothing of. All these experiences really brought pains in my life. I almost gave up. But a spirit which I believe is the spirit of God, was really comforting me from within.  In all of this, though not easy, I still had faith and trust that one day, my story would change. Some of the things that motivated me not to give up, was first of all my trust and faith in God. I had the hope, though with lot of pains that one day, God would rescue me.

In 2014 God came to my rescue through a sister who loved me deeply. She decided not only to be my sponsor but to be my friend and family. What she did to me, none of my relatives or sisters had ever done before.  She caused me not to give up, she would always encourage me with her words. Each time she spoke to me I would always feel touched. I also had pastors who prayed for me and assured me of God's plans for my life, not to talk of friends too. So I started university and but faced challenges when the administration wouldn't accept my grades from upper secondary school. I spent the first year at different friends house and sometimes not having enough money to eat. Sometimes having to save money to buy books and other equipment. Despite all these challenges because I am a conqueror, I succeeded in my fist year exams. I didn't fail in any of my courses. Today I am still looking for my own appartment as I am preparing to continue my university studies. So at the end, God proved to me that, though all may abandon me, He, God would not abandon me. My closeness to God helped me because in those challenges, I understood that, I need only God and he alone is my Helper.  I encourage you that is reading this testimony, if you have taken the full decision to serve God, do it wholeheartedly. Don't allow anything to move you, trust in Him and stand firm in moments of challenges and you would see what God would do.